Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Loaf and Ladle opens Portsmouth restaurant

So I stopped by the Loaf and Ladle in Exeter last week for some toast with Dacey and I was talking to Andy, who runs the restaurant, and he told me that his younger brother opened a second Loaf and Ladle in Portsmouth across from The Stock Pot, which his mother runs. I actually worked at the Loaf when I was in college and have always loved the place. The soup, bread and sandwiches are the best around and I'm telling you, you simply can't beat the prices. And when you've got kids and you're looking for a cheap snack, stop by. You can get toast and a drink for a couple bucks.

This second Loaf opened just a few weeks ago, so I'm sure they're working out the kinks. But it's nice to know you can catch the taste of the Loaf when you're in Portsmouth. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'm sure it's got some good stuff.

No comments: