Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jumping on the Blogging Bandwagon

OK, so I finally did it! After months of wrestling with the idea of starting my own blog, I decided tonight that the time had come.
I don't really know why I've decided to take this on. I have absolutely no time for this, but since everyone else seems to find the time, I guess there's no reason why I can't. I do have a lot of important things to say, and if I can keep them short and sweet, I think I'll be able to keep up with this on a regular basis. That's assuming that no brutal murders or fiery explosions occur that I have to dash out to cover for the newspaper as I'm trying to blog.
You see, I spend my days running around with a notebook and pen covering the news. It's my life, well, half of it anyway. I'm also a husband and a dad to two kids who have kept me hopping ever since I decided to quit my office job when my son was 9 months old to begin working from home as a reporter. It's been an interesting ride. You'll learn more about just how bumpy this ride has been as I go along, but I can't get into it now.
I have a lot more to say, but I've gotta get to bed. I'm going to press the post button now and pray that this actually gets posted.

No comments: